Have you ever found yourself wanting to use technology to study English, but you do not know how to search for the proper sites to advance your language learning skills?
Let’s look at a list of convenient ways to take advantage of technology to quickly gain English proficiency.
- Use an iPod, an iPhone or an Android to read newspapers like the NY Times, journal articles or your favorite books in English.
- Go online and listen to news on BBC, CNN or Scientific American.
- Watch Stanford University academic lectures or listen to speakers on TEDx Talks or watch videos on NationalGeographic or Discovery
- Download podcasts, lectures or songs on iTunes or listen to mp3 English songs. Listen to the language while driving a car, walking the streets, or commuting by bus or train.
- Download iPhone or Android apps for free English, study skills, exams, TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, reading, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, mind mapping, note taking and writing skills.
- Search for websites to review English grammar such as the Owl at Purdue: the Online Writing Lab, play learning games, or do research in English for any other subjects you are studying.
- For listening, watch movies or listen to popular English songs. You could even sing to the words or learn the lyrics.
- Get an online native coach of the language for speaking, listening, and writing.
- Enroll in an online course to improve your academic skills.
- Take a course of your academic interest on Coursera or edX
- Speak to online partners to increase your practice in English.
- Register for an English webinar in the area of your interest.
- Study your hobby online in English.
Immerse yourself online in the language because gaining proficiency English is not only fun and interesting but also useful for boosting a career.